Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Life that Matters

I have a prayer request....
We have a new student starting next Monday. He is a twelve year old autistic boy. He is originally from around New Orleans and for the last five or six years been tossed around in foster homes. He is right now in a psychiatric ward and he has busted out windows there. We are a small school and only one worker has had experience with this type of aggressive behavior. Please pray for safety but most of all pray for this young boy. I don't know to the extent of what they "realize" but I do believe they know who they can feel safe with and trust. For once in his life-- just like any "regular" boy his age I would like him to
"experience" that in however in his life he can. I want to be God's hands in this.
On that note I have to share this... Over the summer we had a student that is nonverbal and we worked with him on sign language. It was like he could do it but only if he wanted to. I wanted so bad for him to "get it" because I knew it would change his life forever. It was like two steps forward and one step back. One day I was so frustrated I had his hands trying to get him to form a "word" and I just in the moment stopped and prayed over him. I promise as surely as God answers prayers from that day forward he was showing out with his signing!!
How so is that like us.... How many times God must think Melanie, I want so bad for you to "get it" because it will change your life forever! Ladies, let's keep going deeper with Him I want us to "get it". I'm tired of satan trying to knock us that step back.

5 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Yes, lets knock him back a step.
I thank God that just like he gave Daniel and Joseph power to over come and shine in their lives-- that the power of God comes over you in power with wisdom and this boy is truly touched by the hand of God.
When I worked the handicap bus I used to touch the kids and pray for them. I would pray for their healing but also for them to have an incredible awareness of God.
Pray for his freedom in Jesus' name.
What a place of opportunity you have.

Sharon Brumfield said...

It is after 10:00 time to take out the contacts and go to bed.
Good night

HeyJules said...

Let's all give him a big ol' shove!

Kate said...

I'll be praying for wisdom and peace for you all. Sometimes the right environment is all they need.

Your words hit home...I can think of so many things He is trying to help me understand and I just get sidetracked. Thanks for the encouragement.

Given Grace said...

I will be praying for you and your new student. I am sure he will feel God's love through you...God has a perfect plan for him, how exciting that you get to be involved in HIS plan.

Thanks for the reminder about "getting it", it is so true!
Praise God that He never gives up on us!