I know I'm not going to finish this post this morning. However, I had to start it now...because the emotions that are going on in my heart right now or so overwhelming. I say that with tears interrupting my vision but not yet streaming down. This morning at church we have our Steeple Dedication. What I have seen God do in this little church's life and at what all He's done in my life while there is so sweet and amazing. As we celebrate this wonderful day I am the only one who knows that this will be my last "official" day there. Here come the tears again....this is going to end up being an ugly cry before the days over. I am so happy- no joyful and saddened all at the same time. I have lived my life for the last thirty years loving others from a distance and not allowing myself to feel loved by them at all. Until I met this wonderful Christian women. She became a mentor and friend and from her I met her
church family. This may bring the ugly cry on.....(soft smile) I fell deeply in love with these people and I let them wrap me up in God's love. They have loved on me and me on them in the sense that in our hearts we are family.
Lord, thank you for such a wonderful day. May I, no matter where I go or what I do, have a servants heart for you and those around me.
In a couple of Sundays I plan to share with our (small) Sunday night crowd how much they mean to me and what God has planned for me. I've been asking God to reveal a scripture to me and He did so the otherday while driving to work. Nehemiah chapters one and two are what He brought to my mind.
Nehemiah was saddened by the condition and state of the people- so he wept and prayed. As I did for my home church. I didn't have to hear second hand about the destruction... I was there to witness it. For years I've prayed the prayer of this servant's heart. When he went before the King the King asked, "Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of the heart." I've carried that sadness of the heart for so long it's
time to replace it with the joy of rebuilding. I know that as the same with Nehemiah- going back things aren't just going to fall in place and change- it's going to take time, prayer and work.Satan's already been trying to pull me down for the last couple weeks. It's time to mend
some broken walls and rebuild some burned gates.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen girl.
I have felt this pull before. The yearning to leave but the pull to stay. God tests our hearts to see if we are going to walk by faith or sight.
I would imagine that Abraham probably had a moment when he thought, what the heck am I doing.
When peace comes we walk.
Sacrifice.
Love will always be there. They are your family--you can visit.
Amen is right. Push through it all - it will be worth it.
Reading the way that woman and her family took you in and made you feel loved reminds me why being part of something bigger (church) is all about. It's about being God's hands and feet and, always, his HEART.
God bless!
heyjules,
This is the only way I know to comment to ya...and hope you find it. I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and for your comments of encouragement!
May God richly bless you too~
On days such as these I am always so thankful for Jesus. He can comfort us and He can remind us that He has a plan for us. He never said it was the easy road, but He is there to walk beside us or carry us if the burden is too heavy.
Please knoww that you have sisters who are lifting you up!
Oh Mel. I have been sooo lax on keeping up with blogging. We are FAR too much alike. Where you are stepping out, I am still at the stage you just left. I want to cling to my church, and am currently attending two churches...my home church and the church that I am really learning from. I love the people at my church dearly; however, I am painfully aware that their love for me goes little beyond the front door...I think maybe I just don't want to see that. I know the Lord is shaking everything up in my life right now, and I know I should go with it, but it is very difficult letting go.
I am so with you my friend, and I will keep you in prayer regarding your new journey.
Many blessings to ya,
Post a Comment