Friday, March 6, 2009

Relationships...

When I show people this photo they almost always ask me-
"How did you take this?" Which I find odd because I know
exactly what I'm seeing. I was there when I took it and could
see the environment around what is the edges of the picture.
(It's the reflection of trees in a mud puddle)
Last night however, I saw...well...I heard something I thought
would never happen. I don't know what your up bringing
looked like. I mean within church and beliefs. I was raised
in a hardcore Southern Baptist Church. You know, the kind
that "scared" you into the "arms" of Jesus. Last night in
Bible study...I saw the light switch finally come on. The room
was surrounded with women between the ages of late 30's all
the way to early 70's "get it". They are finally getting a
glimpse of what intimacy with their God looks like and more
important feels like. They have always seen Him as a harsh
disciplinarian. I know that is also the portriat of God I had
been painted. Several years ago God had me go...go and
experience a fresh new place where I was able to meet the
real Him. So to see these ladies last night slowly look up
and meet the loving God whose been waiting for so long to
catch His gaze...my heart melted. I'm looking so forward
to seeing their eyes and hearts open to the Truth.
I know for me it's a place for me where I long for the
awareness of God to fill every moment of my day...every
breath I take.
Girls, one of my cousins passed away yesterday. He was
the same age as my Dad. He was like a brother to my
Dad instead of a cousin. He and Dad had drifted apart
over the years. Let mountains form out of mole hills.
Over the last six months they reconnected out of the
blue. The last few months it was nothing for them to
talk four nights out of the week. They had started doing
some hunting together. It warmed my heart not just
that their relationship was back on track but that my
Dad was allowing himself to have a friend. Anyway, it's
really hit him hard. I still don't think the shock has
warn off. I know I don't even have to ask...thank you
for your prayers...Love you.

4 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

You got it girl!
I am so glad they had a chance to reconnect before the passing....I know that has to bring something to your fathers heart. I know it will be hard.....but I thank God for wrapping family and friends in His love.

And I PRAISE God for the eye opening experience that the women in your group had. If you were not raised as we were you would never understand what that experience is like....I so remember the first time I truly realized His love for me...it broke my heart. I realized that all these years mans words had kept me from something that God had died to give me....relationship.He loves us so...and not because He has to...but because it is the greatest desire of His heart. We were created for relationship with Him....how He loves us!
Keep walking....He is doing some amazing things. Love the music.

Given Grace said...

Praying for you and your family!

Growin' With It said...

oh man melanie, to watch those around us "get it" is like tasting it all over and over again. the REALNESS of God. there is still so much of Him to learn about, but with the approach of love instead of fear is amazing. love to hear about this blessing.

will do pray for your dad. these friendships here on earth are such a sweet gift. i'm sorry for your family's loss.

luvmy4sons said...

Can't believe you took that picture! It is awesome! YOu are talented! That is neat...what you wrote about your image of God...I think we just do not grasp how much He loves us...so sorry too for your dad's loss.

Jesus,

Thank You Lord that these two men were able to have six months of a beautiful friendship. What a blessing that You restored their relationship before You called him home. Yet the one left behind Lord suffers, as well You know. It is such a comfort that You know our form, that You are not a stranger to our weakness and that You understand our grief. We thank You too that this world is not all there is. May Melanie's dad in these next few motnhs come to have a heart understanding that comforts him and brings him great solace and peace. May Your grace comfort him, surround him. May he know within his heart that the truths in the Bible are real...that You hold him and his loved one in Your everlasting arms. Bless him Lord with Your wisdom and grace and peace that passes all understanding. May this event move him closer to You. We thank You that You hear us. We thank You that You know. Touch him Lord we ask in Your precious name. Amen.