We had our first training sessions about two weeks ago for the
new job. We were given some books to read over the summer.
My first one to read is titled "If You Don't Feed the Teachers
They Will Eat the Students". Great title don't you think?!
I'm reading today through the intro...yeah the intro is as far
as I've got. Anyway, It gave some characteristics of a well-
adjusted leader. Let's see...
the ability to care and be concerned for others... check
the desire to be successful... (in God's eyes...check)
the ability to handle stress....insert sound of scretching wheels
The third point caught my attention immediately. No, not
handling that one very well. The third point goes on to say
we will discuss more on this in chapter six. So what did I do?
Yeap skipped all other points and went straight to chapter 6.
So I thought I would pose this question to you...
How do you handle stress?
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh........ I hate stress and I turn into a martyr....... the more stress on me the more I do and the more I do the more stress is on me……..then I shut down... I have learned over the years to quit that and rest in the Lord and hand that mess over to Him, but it takes a while….. Then all of a sudden I realize that I am stressed out to the max and I melt down and run to Him…… Now that does not sound very spiritual does it? I am much better than I was in my 40’s …….
I am so excited for you in the new job and the things that the Lord will show you …. Enjoy the journey………
Thanks for your prayers…….. I was so sick on Friday and Saturday and today finally felt good enough to blog a while tonight……… I need to catch up on my email……..
Tuesday I will find out the results……… I am ready to get this behind me……
I will email you Tuesday night after the Dr appointment….
sad to admit...i eat when it comes to stress. i also am learning to let it out more. it's too easy for me to let it overtake me and then i become mean mama/wife. so i'm learning to communicate.
thank you for such a tender comment on my post today. you are a kindred spirit my friend. blessings to you as you prepare for your bday and rest in knowing God's in control of everything! here's to laying it down and sacrificing "self" each day!
Funny you should ask...doctor just told me to make some changes-that I was under WAY too much stress! I thought to myself,"I can't get rid of a kid!" Writing helps me. I sit and write in my prayer journal and give it all to the Lord. A small induglence like a Star Bucks also helps. A few moments of ignoring my responsibilities works too...just a quick sit or a quick nap. Sometimes repeating the promises of God to myself...He is in control. He loves me. He would never give me more than I can handle. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. I can let go and let God...I tell myself. I stop and ask,"What truly bad thing can happen?" I make sure I am not making more of an issue out of a bunch of inconveniences. Sometimes I build everything up into this HUGE monster and it is nothing more than a series of small trials. No one is dying. No one is losing a limb. We are all going to survive another day. And my favorite way to deal with stress is to FREAK OUT! LOL! Only joking. Not proud of that one, but I DO do it sometimes. Hugs to you...Remember all things come by way of your kind, loving and merciful God who knowsthe palns He has for you...plans to bless you and prosper you and to give you a hope and a future. Learning to rest in Him takes time and a bunch of trials and failures to see that He really is in control and He can be trusted. I am still learning!
Hey sweet friend...
Some times I will do any one of these things:
1. pray hard
2. eat
3. exercise
4. talk to a friend
5. disappear into useless tv
So, hows that for wonderful advice?!
Hugs and blessings,
Fran
Melanie Joy - Well, hmmm...you know, I have come wayyyyy far from my "hissie-fit" days! LOL! Really! I could have 'em! But, sometimes that sort of situation that just brings out the fear, the worry or the unpleasant part of me (say in a busines conversation when you feel like you are talking to someone who 1) either thinks you are dumb, or 2) doesn't listen! those things can really show me the truth, that God's still workin' on me! Thank goodness I can look back and see progress and thank goodness He doesn't throw me out, but gently leads me and teaches me when I show out! :)
Stress....isn't it nice to know that when we get to heaven there will be none? What a great thought.
In the last year it seems as if I have handled stress by eating....at least that is what my pant size is telling me. ;)
But I am getting better at taking things to Jesus. Sometimes I just tell my brain that that is not my responsibility and I am not going to think about it. Sometimes it is stubborn and I have to tell it SHUT UP! I know not nice words..but like I said it can be pretty stubborn.
As you can see I am back. Trying to get settled in and find a place to do laundry.
The trip was good...the airport was another world....good to be home.
Talk to ya soon.
Post a Comment