Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Peace that pass all understanding




First of all I have to say from the
bottom of my heart Thank You!!
I don't feel that I can explain to
you how much I have felt all of
your prayers today!
I can not find the words to
express to you how good God has
been to me today. I have NEVER
experienced a day of sheer peace
like I experienced today. I honestly
can't explain it.
Here's how the day started.... My boss calls and leaves a message on my cell
phone that she and another staff member would be out. So she told me to
arrange an already overloaded schedule to cover for them. I'm telling you
that when I walked in the door I felt His peace already begin to blanket over
me. One of the young guys on staff immediately commented on how upbeat
I was and when he learned of the schedule confusion he said "Wow, you really
are calm". Here's how we started off staffing this morning- I said some of you
know the scripture in Colossians I'm fixing to quote..."Whatever you do, work
at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.". And that's how
we started off our day.
Has any of the circumstances I'm walking in right now changed? No. As a
matter of fact they got worse today! Still the day and the satan that tried so
hard did not shake me. I feel like today is the first day in a few months that
my head has been lifted from a fog. I still have some things to do to move
past this place and get in gear.
A sweet friend sent me an email last night and was telling me about her
thoughts in her own life about making decisions. It spurred these thoughts
on my circumstances....I've been sitting in front of a calm lake taking in the
beautiful view. In my life right now that means I've become content in my
surroundings and my focus on getting things done have slipped my mind.
God has thrown a rock in the water causing me to snap out of my day
dream. He has my attention and I'm listening.
He has been speaking to me through some devotions that have come my
way. I mean they have come one right after the other. I want to share
one today and the other two tomorrow. This one is Oswald Chambers:
"In stripes, in imprisonment, in tumults, in labours"- in all these things
manifest a drawing upon the grace of God that will make you a marvel
to yourself and to others. Draw now, not presently. The one word in
the spiritual vocabulary is now. Let circumstances bring you where
they will, keep drawing on the grace of God in every conceivable
condition you may be in..... The inevitable barries are there in every
in every one of our lives. They may not be of an intense order....
but the peril is lest we lie down and whine and are of no more good.
The thing to do is to recognize that the barriers are inscrutable, that
they are there not by chance but entirely by God's permission, and
they should be faced and not ignored....The peril of the inevitable
barriers is that if I have not faced the facts sufficiently, I am apt
to blame God for them....It is no use to spend my time saying, I
wish I was not like this, I am just like it. The practical point in
Christianity is- Can Jesus Christ and His religion be of any use to
me as I am, not as I am not? Can He deal with me where I am, in
the condition I am in?"

Thank you guys again for your faithful prayers....Blessings to you!

3 comments:

Denise said...

It is the still small voice.. The calm admist the storm...... it is the whisper that all is well when we have no idea where or thoughts begin or end..... It is the love that engulfs us when we so need to be engulfed......... It is the faithful eye of the Savior when we cannot find our way....... It is God and He is ALWAYS as near as our breath to bring us peace in our storm...........
It sounds like you have had quit a God day......... You are blessed when you come out and when you go in......

Love ya!

luvmy4sons said...

I am so very glad. Thank You, Jesus. There may be weeping for a night but joy comes in the morning. God is always good!

Growin' with it said...

after reading this i felt like i could almost walk on that peaceful water in the photo...just like peter! i'm sure proud that you draw your EVERYTHING from the true source of comfort, strength and joy.