Kids can say this most amazing things. I thought while I had
some energy and mental ability- haha- I would share with you
something one of the kids said last night. Now, bear in mind
that I am teaching the Preschool class!
We had the story last night of Jesus healing a blind man taken
from John chapter 9. The lesson ended shorter than our
scheduled time for moving from one class to the next...so
our Bible story teacher was trying to stretch out the lesson.
The teacher made a comment along the lines of Jesus coming
to town and the blind man called out to Jesus. Which actually
wasn't the case because Jesus saw the blind man as He walked
along the way. The little boy in class looked straight up at her
and said, "If he was blind how did he know Jesus was there?".
I sat there just blown away by this question then looked at
the lady and said- now there's a question filled with a lot of
thought. He was blind how did he know Jesus was there?!!!
Wow, when we are "blind" how do we know that Jesus is
there?!! When we can't see beyond the present circumstance-
can't see the forest for the trees- when we don't have a clue
what is going on- when we feel we are standing alone in the
dark.... we have the promise from Him that He sees and
He knows. He is there right there in the midst of our
surroundings.
In John 9 after Jesus healed the man the people asked
who opened your eyes and the man answered "a man
named Jesus". Then in verse 12 it says, "So where is he?"
"I don't know". This part of the story reminds me of the
little boys question. I don't just want to know where my
Jesus is....I want others to know where and who my Jesus
is! Just as this blind man's faith led him pushing through
a crowd to get to the Pool of Siloam- I want others to see
me pushing through this life here on Earth and it's hardships
not caring if I have "mud" on my face and what they may
think of me in the moment...but that they see my walking
through it. And that the walk of faith is rewarded and
blessed by Him.
Thank you Jesus for your healing. Thank you for being my
sight and vision. I trust You....
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow girl...what powerful thoughts.
Isn't it amazing how He can use the innocent thoughts of a child to get our minds moving beyond the surface facts?
Maybe your thoughts can tie in to the verse that says we must worship Him in spirit and truth.
Without the Spirit we would never know He was around. He will lead us and guide us unto all truth.
Hmmm...good thought provoking words.
Out of the mouth of babes. Your enthusiasm and love for these kids and the Word of God and your Jesus shines through!
AWESoME!!!! Kids just have a perspective that our minds don't have don't they??
Praying that your week is going well. I know you have to be sleeping good at night. :)
Hugs,
Fran
another reason i LOVE being in the kids ministry...the words and thoughts so deep that come out of their beautiful mouths. cute post.
I trust that your survived your week with all limbs and mental faculties in check! Have a rested and blessed weekend.
peace~elaine
I was blind and now I can see...... I love your post about the eyes of the children......... We could learn from them....
Post a Comment