Friday, June 13, 2008

A New Day

Uh oh...I just noticed the date on my last post...oops didn't
realize it had been that long since I posted last.

Yesterday was a new day for me. The first day of a twenty
year prayer being answered! I start my training for the new
job. Just a little funny- for the last month since talking here
about the interview and all...every time I time I type the
word job...I end up mispelling it and typing...joy! That's kind
of neat in a way!
Anyway, yesterday felt like a huge weight was lifted off my
shoulders. I'm anxious about the journey ahead but I'm
ready to charge off into it. This is a brand new school. This
fall will be it's first. If you know anything about Charter
Schools you'll know of my excitement. It's a new "thing"
that's allowing the teachers freedom and creativity in the
classrooms.
Here's a quote from the newspaper last week, "One of our
core goals is to equip our students, in whatever their passion
is and to be successful...". That's what I'm talking about!
The only worry I have is being pulled out of the field of
Special Ed. My training is too much not to be used. I know
that God is stepping this thing out and I trust Him without
doubt.
Tomorrow I'll try to sit down and share with you about the
old school I went to and how cool and historic it was.
Until then...hope you have a great Friday!!

6 comments:

Gone said...

AMEN!!! to that prayer!

Blessings in your steps with the Lord!

I got "God bumps" reading this.

Jan

12345 said...

Hey Congrats on the job!

Noticed you are in youth ministry... I'm making connections with other YM's on the net. God bless you and keep seeking!

Blaise

Growin' with it said...

yay for you and for what's ahead!

luvmy4sons said...

God will use you wherever you go...praying that this new school will be a place where your heart for children can be used mightily of the Lord.

Denise said...

Whom God calls He prepares.... He has been in the middle of your life a long time and He has prepared you for each step of your journey...... How exciting to walk the path that He has ordained for you...... I look forward to hearing about the new school.........

Love ya!

Fran said...

Oh...I LOVE the new!! It can be scary but absolutely thrilling!!
Treasure every bit of it and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hugs and blessings,
Fran