Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pure love...

Faith came back to school this week. We found out more of
the story being lived out behind closed doors. I really slipped
on this one and it's called me out on how often I'm over looking
others. One thing I've learned and have always tried to
remember when working with kids is- a change in behavior
(for the worst) means something is going on in their
environment.
I've been questioning myself why- why have I lost sight of
being the encourager I use to be. Disappointment- in not
receiving a word of encouragement myself, Consumed by
the world (worries), Fatigue, things that have altered my
attitudes to a negative perspective. This is too important
to keep missing. I've got to get the "main thing" back in
focus. There are people overwhelmed and hurting. They
need--we need a genuine love- a pure love. To be filled
up with His love to the overflow so I can love others in
His love.
All day I use every creative way I can think of to motivate
kids to excell by using positive reinforcement. So what's
my motivation to change my present behaviors/attitudes?
To know that I've taken the time to notice others. To feel
I've loved on others in His love. To desire to be like Him.
God please not only give me a heart of compassion but
also the passion to love them with You.

4 comments:

AK said...

Are you sure you didn't steal this post from me lol j/k ;). Childcare is a very difficult job especially on those days where children need extra attention and for whatever reason you are incapable of giving that to them. I'm sure this is even more true in your work with special needs children. I was just telling my boss today that I feel like I've been a horrible teacher this week because I'm just exhausted (which is totally not my kids fault...and while I may not realistically be horrible I've definitely been impatient and less than understanding at times). Anyway all of that to say I'm there with you, and like you everyday I have to ask the Lord to fill me up because without Him I've so worn out I've got nothing. I'll remember to pray for you in this area as I pray for the staff that I work with each day. And I'm sure you know this but sometimes you just have to recognize that you're human and there's no way that you can be a perfect teacher (just like theres no way your kids can be perfect kids) so just be the best you can be, and ask God to help you be what you are not!
I'm so encouraged by your sharing this. Have a great week!

Denise said...

I think you said it exact ......... To be filled up with His love to the overflow so I can love others in His love.....

We are vessels that are meant to fill up and pour out.. the word tells us in Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.......... Is that a powerful scripture or what.......... I am so guilty sometimes of filling up with the cares of this life and when I go to open my mouth to speak encouragement to others I am in need of encouragement myself.........
I need to remember that I am what eat and if I fill my temple with the cares of this world then it is the cares of the world that comes out of my mouth.......... I am so aware of the time that we live in that I constantly need to go to the Father to fill up with whatsoever things are good and perfect and just and a good report (that is all paraphrased) because I have no idea who is around the corner that I might need to pour out to.............. Out of our hearts is the issues of life and what a beautiful responsibility the Father has afforded us............. He has provided us with such awesome tools in order to minister life................ I think that just the awareness of your need to stay full to overflowing reflects the fact that you are back in focus of the "main thing" don't you just love the way He teaches and corrects and gently brings us back to the fountain that fills us up to overflowing.....

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:45

Happy Thursday Sis................

Kate said...

I think we all go through a time of realization of where we are, where we used to be, and where we need to be. I think the greatest thing is that you noticed it and are doing something about it. Many people get into the same old routine and forget the passion in what they were called to do for that time. At least you keep you passion in check.
Try not to be so hard on yourself, you are a wonderful encouragement, God just shows us things to sharpen our skills. :)

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love ya girl.
i read this the other day but did not leave a comment.
You have been a huge sense of encouragement to me during this time.
You have His heart. :)