Saturday, August 11, 2007


My sweet Siesta, Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile, has just given me my first award! I thought some this week about easing out of Blog Land but this unexpected treat has encouraged me to stay. This "place" is a source of encouragement, support and accountability that I know personally I need.

About this award:

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to others who you feel are deserving of this award."

I would like to pass this award on to a new found Siesta~ Stacey at What is to Come. Stacey shares a huge passion for Special Needs Ministry for His kids with me. Please be in prayer with us about this ministry. I feel it is the next area of ministry that is going to need a voice in our churches. Keep a look out for these families...they need our prayers, love and support. I was just helping last week with VBS and along with our four Autistic kids- another two showed up "out of the blue" (I think not... God is good and supplies a need).

Much love...


5 comments:

Given Grace said...

Thank you so much for the award....I am truly honored!

I love visiting your site and having a fellow sister who knows my heart for Gods special children...it has been a blessing that God has placed you in my life.

Our core team is meeting tomorrow, making plans for our first respite program..I look forward to e-mailing you some info.

Thanks again...and congrats on your award!! Glory to God!

A Captured Reflection said...

I came to your blog via Sharon's. Wow, I just felt this 'yes' when I read your blog regarding help at Churches for special needs children. This is such an area of need. I have a friend with an autistic son and know of a number of others on the spectrum. Wow, fabulous. Go for it!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Bless your sweet heart.
I am so glad God has put us together.
We need women--Christian women-- in every area of ministry and life.
For awhile I rode on a handicap but for the public schools.I would pray for the children that they would have an awareness of our Lord.
There were a few that I prayed for healing for.
Someone has to touch them with the hands of Jesus. It is our job as His hands.
Hope you are having a good day. The heat is incredible today. I think Keith may brings his guys home to swim this afternoon to cool off.
Love ya girl

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the study. I think it was a study that really stretched my mind and brought me into a new place.
I love the song that goes with the study that says, "I'm longing......it's about Abraham and his desire for a better land.
We live about 35 minutes outside New Orleans. We live across the Causeway Bridge. We did not get the extreme flooding that New Orleans got but we got 3ft with Rita and four feet with Katrina. We took two pines trees to our house. The house was old--it was ready for it to come down.We tore it down in December of this past year. The afterwards of the storm was a rough time. Kind of like living in a war zone.But now our area is back to our new normal.
Got to go get Julia on the bus.
Have a fantastic day.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hello......
Hello..........
Are you in there?
Didn't you say you were going on an interview?
And.......
how did it go?