Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Lost in His love..."

Ladies, I just got home from church tonight. I'll never be able to put these
kind of moments into words~ so I'll just say it plain and simple.

There was just something different and special about this normal day.
I have spent many moments today closing my eyes and finding myself
facedown at the foot of the cross. It's like being at a youth camp with
a couple hundred teens and the Holy Spirit just raining down all over
the place.

"The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to
give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets,
cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to
the LORD and sang: He is good; and his love endures forever."
Then the temple of the LORD was filled with a cloud, and the priests
could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the
LORD filled the temple of God."
2 Chronicles 5:13,14

Tonight this temple of God was filled with the glory of the Lord!
I have fallen head over heals deeper in love with Him.
Forever...Lost in His love

7 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Amen!
How awesome is our God!
Words can not contain what the heart feels when "heaven came down and glory filled my soul". Some have tried to.
I did a children's church on the verse you quoted. One of the things that struck me was a ways back in the scriptures it says that even when the temple priests knew they would not be serving that day--they still cleaned themselves as if they were. And because of their cleanness and their worship--heaven came down.
Makes me wonder if the reason we don't see the glory of the Lord every time we walk in the doors of the church- is because we have the worship down pat but we are still unwilling to make sure we are cleaned up on the inside.
That would kind of be like pouring luscious chocolate icing over a mud cake. Not going to happen.
I am so glad you had a visit from God. It makes us long for more. And that's a good thang. :)

Shelly said...

Wow! Praise Him. I get so overwhelmed thinking about His glory being so rich over us that we just have to hit the floor!

You are precious. May He continue to give us the grace to love Him more.

Kate said...

Love those times! I always refer to them as "my floor time" 'cause that's always where I always end up in a heap. :) Hard to find people that really understand that. I'm so glad I found you.
I went to a simulcast of The Call Nashville...oh man...good times.
Hey, have you heard of IHOP (International House of Prayer)? 24hour prayer & worship...every day! Up for a road trip?
~Kate

Sharon Brumfield said...

I saw that someone mentioned IHOP. I have just been talking to a blogger in New Zealand about them.
We are planning on getting a group of women prayer warriors together soon. She suggested that this might be a place I would want to visit. They evidentally teach people who feel like they have a prophectic gifting in this area-how to use it.Overall I understand they are teaching people how to pray. There may be much more involved--haven't had a chance to really look into it.
I would just like to be instructed on how to bring the heavenlies down each time I pray.
I want to know that when I go to battle in prayer--I am hitting the mark. I think it is Joyce Meyers that says she want the demons to groan each time she wakes up because they know they are in for trouble. :)
How cool would it be if when we walked the ground trembled in the spirit world just because the weight of our anointing? I bet Paul made it tremble.
You'll have to excuse my mind--it just likes to go there.

Given Grace said...

Melanie,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Being new to the blog world Im not sure what is best for getting back in touch with you...hopefully this will work.

I would love to hear more about your special needs ministry..we are just kicking off our ministry but God is doing so many awesome things. We have about 10 kids that we have started with...and God has provided for most to have one on one "buddies" that attend sunday school with them. It has been a true blessing to not only see how the kids are responding but one dad cried after their first sunday worship service together, he told me he had forgot that his wife sang like an angel and how great it was to be able to worship together without one of them needing to leave! God has big plans for these families...and what a joy it is to love on them!

Thanks again for stopping by my blog...hope to talk more.

Your neice and nephew are adorable!

In Him,
Stacey

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Hi-
Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes, I do know the Froggy wenta courtin song. I heard it as a kid and we have a children's CD we used to listen to when my daughter was a toddler. I think you can find it online in many versions. :>)

Aunt Angie said...

Melanie-thanks for stopping by my blog! I came over today to visit w/you a spell!
When you spoke of Youth Camp---it brought back a flood of memories! Long times around the altars praying for other teens and then as an adult--and counselor, praying for the youth! It is awesome! To see the Holy Spirit move on their lives was something great to experience!!!
Great post---now I am headed back to read more!!!