Last week my corner of the world was full of events. It started off when a sweet lady in our community passed away. She was one of those ladies you remember being there as you grew up in church. Alzheimer's robbed her of the last ten years of her life. It was very fitting that she passed away on the 4th of July- while we spent the day celebrating our freedom... so did she. I'll never forget a story that was told about her last days- it has forever marked me. They said that when you first walked into her room it sounded like she was talking to herself. However, as you would listen you would soon realize that she was praying. The comment was made "she forgot her own name but she never forgot His". That God could reach within us and place something so deep within that not even Alzheimer's can take away....wow how amazing is that!!
Also, at her funeral they sang "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine" and it was like for the first time I actually heard the words of that song. "This is my story, this is my song praising my Savior all the day long" and part of the last verse "filled with his goodness, lost in his love". What a perfect time for those words to hit home for me than the week of my birthday. I have been dreading yet another birthday. However, I decided to embrace the day and not look at age or what my life is "lacking" and look at instead what is My Story.....I desire this new year to be all about Him. To know Him more, to serve Him more and to find myself lost in His love.
We are all a living Story and someone is reading it.... let's rest in assurance that our Author has the best story line for us and let's allow Him the freedom to write it.
In His Love,
Melanie
4 comments:
Wow....I loved reading about her praying and the fact that even Alzheimer's couldn't take her Jesus away.
May He breathe courage into you each day to embrace His satisfying love for you. That then we (I include myself) may learn to be content whatever the circumstances! So lost in His love!!!
That is such an amazing story. The enemy can try to take our mind, but God is so much more powerful!
Sooo, you have a story...let's hear it! I'm all ears...or eyes...however you decide to put it out there.
Luv ya siesta!
Wow--how awesome that she was praying--she never forgot. I love that. My Mom says that we had better let God make us the women that we should be, because when we get older and the facade drops--the real person will be seen. Can we say--PANIC!
He has a lot of work left to do.
Love the blue teeth in the post above.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Isn't it great that God leads us to certain people?
Yes, I live in Louisiana. I live about 30 minutes outside of New Orleans in a place called Covington.
It is late so I had better Go.
Your words brought excitement to my Spirit--please come back and visit.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It is good to hear that it is helpful or encouraging to someone out there. I just write randomly when God places something on my heart. He knows who needs to read it.
This is a great week for birthdays! July 9 is my daughter's birthday. I have lots of wonderful memories surrounding this date over the years.
Post a Comment